When the Playstation 4 was announced, they revealed a lot of functions for it. The thing that has been lacking so far when it comes to functions with the updates is the long awaited Suspend/Resume function. That is going to change after tomorrow. Sony has announced it’s going to be in the new patch that’s going to be coming with the new patch March 26th. These are not the only functions, there are other updates as well.
Features coming to the PS4:
Suspend/Resume* — Supported by nearly all of your PS4 games, you can jump in and out of your games with just the press of the PS button. Quickly switch from Rest Mode to powered-up so you can pick up where you left off.
The biggest news in the update is the Suspend/Resume function. This new feature will let you put the PS4 in to Rest mode and continue of from where you last ended your game. Patch 2.50 will make it easier to suspend your game and resume it when you turn the PS4 back on without any problems. This will make it more convenient for players, instead of having to turn of the game and reboot it up every time you want to play a game. This is not the only big feature coming.
Back-Up and Restore HDD to USB — Back-up and restore your hard disc drive data associated with users on your PS4, including settings, saved data, screenshots and video clips as well as games, patches and download data, to and from an external USB drive.
Being able to back up your harddrive which is a great new addition.You can now backup
Find and Connect with Friends — “Yukimura” adds to an already robust set of social tools, bringing several updates to continue making PS4 the best place to play with your friends, including:
- Facebook Friend Finder — Using your linked account, you can expand your network by searching and connecting with your Facebook friends.
- Improved Friend requests — Friend requests and Real Name requests can be sent together in one step when adding a friend on PS4.
- Streamlined Party process — The process to create a Party has been streamlined with a reduction in the number of steps required.
- Find Friends who play your games — Easily view what friends are playing on each game detail page with a real-time “Friends Who Play This” section, which also highlights which friends are currently online and playing it, and if you own the game, allows you to jump directly into the game.
- Join Friends directly from news feed — A new tile will be added on your What’s New feed where you can see what your friends are currently playing, enabling you to join in the game if you own it.
You can also find friends to play with. You can see if they play the games you do or if you know them. It makes it easier to find like minded people as you and makes it easier to play with others.
Share Earned Trophies and Optimize Your Trophy List — We know that Trophies are important to many gamers, so we’re bringing more control with how you show them off:
- Automatic Trophy Screenshots — A screenshot will automatically be captured when a Trophy is earned, preserving the moment to share with friends.
- SHARE Trophies — Players can share Trophy information to Facebook, Twitter or via Message by pressing the SHARE button.
- Additional Trophy sorting options — Sort your Trophy list by Earned Date, Not Earned and Grade.
- Delete 0% Trophies — Remove games from your Trophy list that have zero percent completion.
Your trophies will be screenshot and you can choose to delete games that you have no trophy progress in from your list. The trophies can now be shared via social media as well. For trophy hunters it’s a great addition.
Improved and Expanded Accessibility Options — New options added to customize the user experience include:
- Customized button assignments for DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller.
- Zoom for displayed pictures and inverted colors for all system functions, apps and in-game.
- Text-to-speech for all graphical user interface, including Message and Party.
- Enlarged text for all graphical user interface, including Message and Party, as well as the system’s browser.
- Bolder fonts and higher contrast UI for all system applications (but will not apply to games or third-party applications).
This makes it easier and better for those that want other type of controls with your controller. You can change things up on the PS4 to fit your needs.
Remote Play and Share Play — For games that support 60 fps, users will be able to automatically enjoy those games with 60 fps for both Remote Play and Share Play** on supported devices.
- Automatic Installation for System Software Updates — Enable automatic installation for future system software updates.
Sub-Account Upgrade — Enable users 18 years of age or older with sub-accounts to upgrade to a master account directly on PS4, removing restrictions on chat and enabling users to add funds to their Wallet, purchase content and more.
This is a big change, a lot of people might have a sub account. Now you finally have the option to upgrade it to a full account. Now you can buy games as you like and you’re no longer restricted. You had no option before to upgrade the account. Now you can keep your trophies and the progression on your games with the account.
Verified Accounts — Select game developers, producers, designers and community managers will be verified with a badge.
- Dailymotion — Upload video clips directly to Dailymotion via the SHARE button.
<img src="/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/03/PS4_Console_with_DS4-590×290.jpg" alt="PS4Consolewith_DS4″ title=”” />
Let us know what you think of this new update in the comments below